Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Dealing with depression and modivation post-stroke

This is probably one of the most difficult things to deal with post-stroke, granted I don't have any physical deficits so I can't really speak for others. I suffered from depression prior to my stroke and now it has just gotten worse, especially since the part of my brain that helps me control me emotions (no I don't know specifically which part the doctor never told me), got damaged badly I will literally start crying for no reason. Depression makes motivation even harder, especially when you're already so stressed from school. For example, I tried to play guitar and I've been playing for a few years and never gotten that good at it, but since I want to be a musician I thought that I should probably start working on it again. So I try and usually after 20 minutes I give up because I'm so frustrated with not being able to get anything done. I talked to my boyfriend about it and he decided to get on Skype and help me figure out how to play the song I was learning. Honestly, that's the best way to get motivated and get something done, find someone who is willing enough to be patient with you and will actually help you with whatever it is you need help with and go over whatever you need to for as long as you can stand, if you need a break, take it then go back to it after. Honestly, even though I was in a shit mood today, after having Matt help me with this problem, and it helped me so much. Now, I'm just waiting for my show to come on so that I can eat and then die doing homework. D;

No comments:

Post a Comment